CORA is looking for volunteers in two areas,
1) Volunteer Writers for a planned CORA Newsletter, and
2) Volunteers to Track CORA Club Points.
If you are interested in volunteering in either of these two areas please review the details below and contact our communications group.
Volunteer Writer – CORA Newsletter
Connect with the outrigger racing community! CORA is looking for awesome volunteer writers to help start an e-newsletter for the paddling community. We are looking for volunteers who could assist with creating, writing and editing a regular newsletter for CORA members and affiliated clubs. Stories in the newsletter will also be published on CORA’s social media channels. If you’re passionate about connecting the paddling community from coast to coast, this might be the perfect volunteer position for you!
- In collaboration with CORA Board members, develop and write content to connect the outrigger paddling community in Canada
- Connect with paddlers from different club affiliations and backgrounds to interview and feature in the e-newsletter
- Create and write articles on topics such as CORA Cup races, safety rules reminders, paddling/steering clinics, etc.
- Engage the CORA membership with each other and with the benefits that CORA provides
- Some writing experience would be preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to meet deadlinesGreat interpersonal skills
Volunteer CORA Cup Points Tracker
For many years the CORA Cup has been annually awarded to the club with the most points within the CORA Cup race series, and to the top 3 teams in their respective division and age category. With an increasing number of teams taking part in the race series, we’re looking for detail-oriented volunteers who could give us a hand with tracking the points!
- Collect race results from CORA Cup races and input them into a spreadsheet in a timely manner
- On the spreadsheet, allocate eligible teams to their correct division and category, and assign their respective points
- As necessary, liaise with Race Directors in order to confirm teams’ eligibility for CORA Cup points
- Assist with the final tabulation of CORA Cup points and the handling of awards at the National Championship
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn and implement rules of CORA Cup race series