According to Society Status, an open General Meeting is held annually with all members invited to attend. Annual agendas are made available to all attending and members are encouraged to add topics they would like discussed to the agenda.
This meeting is also where your executive is voted in, setting up the committee that facilitates the accomplishment of the annual goals as established. All members are invited to participate in the nominations and elections.
CORA’s annual goals include:
- To support and facilitate the continued success of CORA clubs by providing financial support in the form of grants to foster development.
- To promote racing through the use of Trailering Travel grants and facilitating the CORA Cup events in an effort to increase attendance and attract new athletes.
- Improve the communication and education of clubs and paddlers regarding regulations related to racing, safety, sportsmanship and the culture of our sport that recognizes the spirit of ohana.
- To begin the process of looking to the future of our organization and our sport and develop a long-term planning process to move us in a progressive direction.
2019 CORA AGM:
Sunday, November 10th 2019
Jericho Sailing Centre
1300 Discovery Street
- AGM Meeting Minutes are available HERE.
- AGM Technical Minutes are available HERE.
- Monthly Board Meeting Minutes from 2019 are available HERE.
Technical Meeting: 9:30am-12:00pm
Sanctioned Event Applications for races in 2020 are due by October 15, 2019
Click here to view current race schedule.
AGM Minutes from previous years are available to view in the resource section.